Requirements for adoptive parents
Married couples may adopt. Adoptive parents must be no more than 45 years older than the child.
Single women are accepted, they can adopt one child at a time but there must be at least 16 years difference between the adoptive mother and adoptive child. Russia govenment requires that single women show evidence of financial ability to raise a child and a plan for child care. Single women are also required to submit a psychiatric evaluation.
Medical requirements for adoptive parents. It is not unallowable that adoptive parents have the following deceases:
- tuberculosis (any form)
- deceases of internal, nervous system, musculoskeletal system in decompensation stage
- oncological (malignant tumor)
- drug addiction, drug abuse, alcoholism
- communicable diseases
- mental diseases which lead to incapacity
- incapable invalids of I and II group