Russia adoption documents (dossier)
- A letter of application to adopt;
- Home Study/Copy of Agency license/Conclusion of Home Study / Agreement;
- US CIS approval notice (I-171H or I-797);
- Copies of prospective adoptive parents' passports;
- Marriage certificate/divorce certificate (if applicable);
- State or local police clearance;
- Medical(s) report for each parent in the home, and Doctor's License;
- Financial documents: financial statement, employment verification letter, bank statements, tax forms;
- Power of Attorney for your representative in Russia;
- Parental Power of Attorney (if one parent must leave early);
- Birth Certificates;
- Evidence of place of residence;
- Parents Post Placement Agreement letter.
All of these documents should be translated into Russian and legalized (apostilled).